At certain times of the year moss and algae can be very prevalent on hard surfaces such as:
- Paved and flagged footways
- Hard paved play areas
- Tarmac, bitmac and concrete surfaces
- Building exteriors and facades
- Infestation on lawns and planted areas
Moss and algae can be detrimental to health due to bacteria present in the spores and can pose a further health and safety risk in terms of the slip hazard it may present.
- Moss and algae can be eradicated by:
- Chemical treatment
- Granular treatment with sulphate of iron*
- Mechanical action by mechanical flailing or scraping
- Stone Terraces
RSC Group conduct site visits and risk assessments before any work is commenced. Chemicals and working methods to be used will be identified and all environmentally sensitive areas will be protected at each location.
*Note for blacktop areas only as can stain concrete areas.